Saturday, September 29, 2007

The online dating sceen

Hello,

This is my first blog on the blogger.com website and I know it should be on something important like Hillary’s laughable health care fix or the war on terror or even the Iranian dictator finding is soul mates at Columbia University but its not.
I want to talk about the trials and tribulations of the online dating scene. It takes a brave (or desperate) soul to go online looking for love. I am half brave and half desperate so it’s the perfect spot for me. Besides I don’t drink so going to bars are out of the question.

Let me tell you some of the results in no particular order. I have had “met” at least two “women” in online dating services who just happen to be stuck in Africa due to bad circumstances in their lives. They also just happen to always be on line at 9pm in the Eastern US time zone which is like 3 am over there.

So then I thought that maybe the pay site eHarmony might be a good one. So far it is. I have met some nice women there. However there have been some weird ones. I had one woman who invited me to her condo at like 8:30pm one night, sit on my lap and instigate kissing me. She even took off her shirt so I could rub her back. I get home from that encounter with an email telling me I was “smothering her”.

The worst so far has to be the woman I met who told me she was being held captive and that marrying me was her only salvation. I should have known better then to go on www.captivedates.com but that was my mistake.

I think all in all, the best thing to do is to follow the Greg Gutfeld rules for dating. Don’t do it!

Well I am off to see the wizard so live long and prosper and may the force be with you.

No comments: